Quota Trading Rules:
1. Must be in good standing with GMS.
2. Quota cannot be transferred between GMS and WAS.
3. Quota cannot be carried over past March 31st of the following year.
4. Quota cannot be traded to lands not covered by a Central augmentation contract.
5. Leasing or purchase of a quota does not guarantee the ability to pump in any particular year.
6. Quota transfers must be approved by Central to be valid.
7. A Central certified meter must be installed on the Lessor’s and Lessee’s wells to participate in the quota trading program.
8. Quota trading zones will be established by river reach and distance to cover geographic range of trading.
9. Enforcement will be verified by meter readings, satellite imagery or windshield survey.
10. Penalty for illegal irrigation after quota is leased will be future exclusion from the quota trading program.
11. Lessees are able to have unlimited quota transactions each year.
12. The value of quota leases will be set by the open market. Central will not maintain an official record of the price paid for quotas.
13. Central will maintain a list of interested parties whom contact Central, for buying and selling quotas.
14. Shallow rooted cover crop should be established to inhibit erosion of the soil by wind or water.